Monday, March 19, 2007

Introduction

Well, to start off this blog. I’ll begin with a self-introduction. I’m yan ru and I was from Clementi Town Secondary School.

My previous Co-Curricular Activity (CCA) was Band. Till now, it’s still Band. Friends have called me silly for wasting my time by taking up the CCA once again. It’s a proven fact that Band is very time-consuming as there are at least 3 practices per week, but that’s the fun of it, isn’t it so? If there wasn’t any hard work, would there be success? I doubt so. When I first came to Anderson Junior College, there was a wide variety of CCAs for me to choose from, but as I stepped into the hall to listen to the pieces that the Band was going to perform, I was rooted to the ground. As the music begins, a feeling of what I perceived as honor and glory overwhelm me and it made me realize that Band is where I truly feel a sense of belonging and it’s where I should go. Regardless of the time spent and the days where I have to starve (Band practices in AJ ends very late and by the time I reached home, it’s time for bed), I still love each and every single practice. It holds a special and meaningful purpose for me as I’m playing the instrument I love-flute as well as interacting with my section members. At the same time, I’m improving my skills bit by bit. Hence, joining the Band is a torture? Nah, it’s blissful. =)


If I could, I hope to obtain a MOE scholarship in order to pave the way for my career as a teacher. In the near future, my ambition is to become a history and mathematics teacher, though I don’t recall the existence of this combination. If things work out, I would prefer to be teaching in a junior college rather than in a secondary school. Perhaps it is the level of difficulty and maturity that the JC students have that interests me more than the former. Thus, this is my reason for choosing this.

No comments: